*Services and schedules may vary in unincorporated areas.
- Household garbage is picked up weekly on your regular day.
- Each home in the village has received, at no extra cost, a 95-gallon garbage cart which is on wheels and has a lid to prevent garbage from blowing out.
- Additional carts are also available to rent from us. See our online order form section to the left.
- Garbage may be placed in garbage bags or your own 35-gallon cans (up to 3 per week) as long as each weighs no more than 50 pounds each.
- Yard waste season is April 1st – November 30th each year.
- Grass clippings, leaves, branches, etc. are considered yard waste (no dirt or rock).
- Based on an Illinois State Law, yard waste must NOT be mixed with your garbage.
- All yard waste must be placed in brown paper yard waste bags. Each bag must have a yard waste sticker attached to it for pickup. Bags and stickers can be found at most local grocery and hardware stores.
- Large (95 gallon) yard waste carts on wheels are also available to rent. See our online order form section to the left.
- Branch Pickup: Branches should be cut into 3 – 4 foot lengths and be no wider than 6 inches in diameter. Branches can be placed in the yard waste bag or put in reasonable sized bundles tied with twine or string. Each bundle placed outside the yard waste bag must have a yard waste sticker attached in order to be picked up.
- Recyclables are picked up every other week on your regular pickup day. Download your current recycling schedule on the left.
- Each home in the Village has been provided with a 65-gallon recycle cart for recyclables. This cart should be used for recyclables only; no garbage or yard waste.
- View our list of accepted recyclables on the left.